Monday, November 10, 2008

my so sweet thinker...

this is my deep-thinker...the one that makes me laugh at how organized he is...the one that turns my head with a comment that is way beyond his years. and tonight, he brought tears to my eyes. not in a bad way. but because so many times, i am stumped with how to teach my little man. i know the truth and the right answer, but its too complex for a soon to be 5 yr. old! how do you explain the nature of God, and...well, you'll see what i mean...
so, andy was doing their nightly routine of bible story time...and at the end, they summarize, so
andy says: "...and God answered Hannah's prayer and gave her Samuel...God always answers our prayers..."
logan: "but He doesn't answer my prayers"
a very stunned andy: "what do you mean, bud?"
logan: "sometimes i ask God for a baby girl, but we don't have one"
yeah. how do you teach a child that God is sovereign? andy talked with him for awhile and tried to explain that God always hears us, but doesn't always answer us in the way we ask....etc.
but seriously!
after further discussion we learned that
"at school we went in a circle and got to say what we are thankful for, and i said, 'i'm thankful for my brothers, ian and tysen'...and then the next one said, 'i'm thankful for my brothers and sisters'...but we don't have any sisters...just brothers."
seriously.
my response?
cuz i'm sure you are all thinking that now i must try one more time for a girl... well, i wiped a few tears away, and after a moment of sadness...i snapped out of it, and said "well, life is full of disappointments"...:):)
(to andy not logan!)

2 comments:

Kacy said...

Man, that is rough, but at least you told Logan the truth about how God is sovereign and we don't always get the answer we want. It's easy to forget that God is good and He does want what is best for His children in the times when God doesn't answer us in the way we want, but His way is ALWAYS the best way.

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

That is so sweet that he said that!I heard that little sisters always get you in trouble.