Tuesday, March 8, 2011

listening to the words...

music moves me. all kinds of music, and i mean, really moves me. its always been a part of my life. as a kid, i dreamed of being a singer. and still to this day, on the songs i love, there's pretty much a concert going on in my head. its why, when i actually go to a concert, i just sit and watch.

i especially love worship music...it stirs something so deep in my heart that it often brings me to tears. at the very tip top of my favorite singer list (just underneath celine dion) is christy nockels. she's the lead singer for watermark...and i've loved her songs for years.

but today...as i was working out and listening to one of my favorite songs by watermark...it was like i heard the words for the first time again. so moving...so inspiring...such truth....
it got me through the last 10 minutes of working out...just meditating on the words...

"It is time that we give you honor...
this is the day to give you all the praise that you deserve.
A Holy King...of everything...inhabit the praises of your people...
Have we waited far too long now to surrender. Forgive us, oh God, the years we failed to seek your face. Oh, Lord your mercy turns us into grateful people. We can't seem to find the words...so take our lives that they might be enough...
to show you how grateful....
Lord we are grateful...."

"Bless the Lord...oh my soul...and all that is within me, bless his holy name...."

No comments: