Saturday, September 6, 2008

Conversations with a 4yr. old Bible Scholar

Logan: "Ian, read this book"
Ian: "No, I don't want to"
Logan: "Ian, I said, read this book!"
Ian: "No!"
Mom: "Logan, don't tell Ian what to do. He can decide what he would like to do"
Logan: "No, mom, Ian has to do what I say"
Mom: "Logan, Ian does not have to do what you say"
Logan: "Uh-huh! Cuz in the story when Jesus walked on water...John said, 'brother do it!'....so Ian has to do what I say" (he's quoting something from a Bible movie)
----------------------
Dad: "Remember the story about Jesus healing the deaf man? And then he could hear!"
Logan: "yeah, and sometimes I wish my ears didn't work, cuz sometimes Ian is talking to me and I don't want to hear him"
----------------------
Dad: "Jesus is so amazing that he walked on the water" (proceeded to tell the story of Jesus walking on the water...)
Dad: "Can you walk on the water?"
Logan: "No"
Dad: "What would happen if you tried to walk on water?"
Logan: "Our legs would go down..."
Dad: "That's right, cuz only Jesus can walk on water...its cuz he's so strong and awesome. He's the only one that walk on water..."
Logan: "Um, Dad....didn't one of the disciples walk on water?"
Dad: "oh, right, yeah..."

2 comments:

Perez Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh my gosh- this is hilarious! Can't wait till he's a teenager and what he'll come up with then... hehe!!
Seriously- you should write a book :)