Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We just got a raise!!!

Moving on to big boy underwear is this week's big news!!!!! We knew we were going to wait until Tysen was settled in before attempting this with Ian, but I had kinda forgotten until a friend mentioned their recent potty training and I decided to just try and watch for his reaction. Logan was several months older before being ready, but I figured it can't hurt to try...and apparently he was more than ready!! We had several accidents, but each time, it was less and less as he would catch himself and then finish in the potty. I was sure that the big encourager to Ian would be the M&M rewards, but he rarely even remembered! He just loved it so much! It was hilarious as he jumps off the potty in super hero mode and shows off his muscles cuz he's so excited to be a big boy! The most amazing moment was when he told Andy he needed to potty, but having Tysen in his arms, and just having taken Ian a few minutes before, Andy said, "go ahead and go then!" ...thinking nothing of it....a few minutes later, Ian calls out and Andy finds poop in the potty!!! For anyone who has potty trained before, THIS IS MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Of course I know we're still learning, and will have more accidents down the road, but I'm so impressed and proud of my little man! Way to go, Big E!!!!!
My favorite are the little boxer briefs cuz he's so adorable running around in them...but he likes the action figures of course. His favorite are what he calls "Mr. Incredible Hulk"....he likes to combine "mr. incredible" and "incredible hulk" but it is logical!! :)

5 comments:

Perez Family said...

That is awesome!! I can't wait until I can get Isaac potty trained! I'm not going to push it though b/c I do remember all too well that it just prolongs the process. Hopefully soon....!!!!

Natalie said...

yeah for you! those little boxer briefs are way cute! congrats on that raise ;-)

Mrs. Valente said...

Way to go Ian!!

carleigh said...

i cant wait till zachy is ready for that, but i think i am going to wait until after his birthday. until then, we'll be talking about big boy underwear, as you suggested. he is already talking about getting underwear, he wants cars ones, and spiderman! hope it is as easy for us as it was for you! i've never potty trained a boy before!

carleigh said...

ok, and what does a raise have to do with potty training? no more diapers to buy you mean?