Wednesday, July 16, 2008

new beginnings...

So...we took the boys to chuck e. cheese for a family day! they have this new token game that for one token, you sit in a seat and it takes a picture then prints it ...kinda looking like a sketch. maybe its not new, but i've never seen it, and i loved it!! we got everyone in the shot and for some reason, it was so much fun to me! i made everyone do it 4 times so i could have one for each of the boys photo boxes and one for the fridge. being a photographer and all, i was surprised myself in that i have means to much better quality, but for some reason, i was totally enthused about this!!! later i realized why i was getting this crazy rush....it was because this is our very first family photo with all my boys!!!!!!!! and there's this sweet feeling that this is it.
this is my family.
these are the andy vanderveers....
we are done (unless the Lord has a prank pulled up his sleeve) having kids and are ready to move forward with life in general...crazy sports schedules with 3 boys...loud houses...ridiculous grocery bills...lots of candles to cover the smell of dirty boys....and all kinds of fun (that i pray does not involve bringing reptiles and bugs into my house) that i know lies ahead of me. i've been so blessed and feel such gratitude with what the Lord has entrusted to us and we're all just so excited to grow as a family in the Lord together. So here's the beloved first picture of
my family...
on a totally different note...well, sorta...i've begun the grueling process of trying to lose the stupid weight i put on while bearing my beautiful boys. now that i am through being pregnant, i feel i've been out of shape long enough, and i thought that by posting it on my blog, it will put a little more pressure on me to stay committed...cuz everyone will know if i don't start slimming up that i'm not doing what i said i was going to do. i'm not starting with any 'weight goals'...in fact i put my scale away cuz i don't want to feel failure by thinking every day when i step on the scale that i will be 4 pounds lighter!! so, that's put away...and my goals right now are stay consistent. and Lord willing, i will slowly be able to get back into my own clothes. i've already been twice this week so -- here goes nothing!!

4 comments:

Molly said...

I love that picture! You guys are a great family!!

trey kazee said...

so, little ian trae was the only one who realized where the camera lens was?!?

Mrs. Valente said...

Kris,

I have one of those of Stephen, and you're right, they are sooo cool!;) You have a beautiful family!

carleigh said...

hey, don't put too much pressure! it was a year before i started seeing real results with the weight stuff! love you!